Business Law Lawyers in Los Angeles Helping Protect Your Business Entity and Intellectual Property Today
A good business attorney will be vital in protecting your business, especially in the early stages as you’re building the foundation of your entertainment business.
Many companies, however, put off hiring an attorney and often run into legal challenges due to missteps, missed details, failure to comply, or lawsuits.
And the larger the company, the larger the overhead. It makes good financial sense to have legal support early on before a little problem becomes a big problem.
Here are some of the many ways having business lawyers on your side is key to your long-term success:
- Business formation: There are a number of ways to legally structure your business, so choosing the right legal structure and business formation from the start is important as it will help you protect your business from liability issues, excessive taxes, and more. This could include a corporation, partnership, joint venture, or limited liability company (LLC).
- Contracts & Agreements: Having agreements in writing is key to being able to defend your business if someone abuses a contract; a business law lawyer will get you the right forms, contracts, and agreements to use with customers, clients, and suppliers. They should be unique to your relationship with clear and definitive terms.
- Permits: If you need to pull specific permits, there might be additional steps you need to take with Los Angeles or the city you’re doing business in, as well as the state of California. A local business law lawyer will have all of the necessary information, steps, and paperwork necessary to fulfill your permit requirements.
- Taxes and licenses: A business attorney can help you register your business for both federal and state taxes, as well as help you understand any potential ramifications for your business and related transactions.
- Intellectual property: Business law attorneys with intellectual property experience is an important factor in your business. Your business assets are the most important asset in your entertainment business, and you must protect them. Our Los Angeles business lawyers can help you register your products and services, depending on your “product” to ensure it’s protected. This might include copyright, patent, or trademark protection.
- Litigation: In the event your business is sued, or your intellectual property has been used without your approval, your company might be subject to serious financial losses without legal support. That’s where a business law lawyer comes in, shifting from day-to-day operations to all-hands-on-deck support as complex issues arise.
What is Business Law?
Business law is a practice area that focuses on maintaining order and establishing standards for companies to follow.
As business law covers issues that face businesses of all shapes and sizes, business lawyers must be attuned to a variety of practice areas such as:
- Corporate law
- Partnership law
- Banking law
- Sales law
- Securities law
- And more or a combination of the above
In more context, business law might require business law lawyers to create new business entities and handle issues that might arise related to operating, such as tax law, intellectual property, real estate, sales, employment, contracts, deals and agreements, and more.
Business law is the first step in understanding when and why you might need a business law lawyer to help your company with day-to-day operations or support as legal issues arise.
What Does a Business Law Lawyer Do?
Business lawyers are instrumental in helping you run and operate your business successfully. They become a key partner in helping you anticipate and proactively prevent issues that might arise that could impact your company, employees, clients, vendors, and other stakeholders.
New and more mature businesses benefit from the partnership of a seasoned business lawyer to help with the uncertainties of the business and the many aspects of change and growth that occur as a business expands its operations.
- Educates clients on applicable laws in the state of California, as well as best practices
- Drafts contracts and negotiates on the company’s behalf
- Helps clients comply with regulations, compliance, and other rules and policies specific to their business or industry
- Provides strategic support and representation in litigation as issues arise
- Offers insight on employment issues and labor laws
Business lawyers are instrumental in helping you run your business successfully while mitigating risks and avoiding costly mistakes, among other benefits.
Pacitti Law Firm helps our business clients manage lawsuits, handle breach of contracts and penalties, negotiate contracts and ensure our clients, overall, are complying with important laws and regulations in California.
How Does a Business Lawyer Protect my IP?
Intellectual property is your business’s most important asset. Intellectual property (IP) is a set of intangible assets by original creators, companies, and owners of inventions such as artistic works, creative expressions, ideas, designs, and inventions.
Your assets, as we reference, could include original song recordings, TV scripts, unpublished manuscripts, and other creative endeavors. Other people or companies can use your intellectual property without a legal contract in place to further their financial gain in many ways.
Add to this that many sources show it’s not uncommon for entertainment businesses, every year, to lose billions of dollars due to a lack of legal support and intellectual property protection.
This is one of the more important reasons to have a business attorney as a partner in your business, whether you’re in the startup phase or a more seasoned company. With any change, growth, and expansion, there’s always an opportunity for legal issues to arise.
There are four traditional intellectual property types that will protect your product from infringement, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
Business attorneys with intellectual property experience will help you properly form your intellectual property from the start and also represent you in litigation should another person or company misuse or abuse your rights.
Book a Free Consultation and Get to Know our Business Attorneys
Business attorneys can help you with forming your business, managing your day-to-day operations, and influencing your decisions to ensure compliance on multiple levels, negotiating contracts and agreements on your behalf. And be there as complex challenges arise as disputes occur, or your rights have been violated in some way.
Pacitti Law Firm is a business law firm with skilled business attorneys proficient in a number of business- and intellectual property-related matters. We focus on proactive problem-solving and prevention to help you and your business avoid timely and costly issues.
If you need to properly form your business, better understand your IP rights and how to proceed, or you believe someone has violated your IP rights, consider booking a free, complimentary consultation with our team of entertainment and IP lawyers.
At the conclusion of our consultation and initial discussion, all clients are provided a comprehensive assessment of their legal needs, the time involved to provide the proposed services, and the projected costs. We’re transparent upfront as the attorney-client relationship is important to us. Call us today: 323-230-6200!