Business Counsel Lawyers in Los Angeles Advising Clients Every Step of the Way
Owning a business comes with a unique set of challenges. This is especially true of the different stages of business, from starting up to the growth phases.
The purpose of a business attorney is to help you navigate these challenges and deliver legal services specific to the functions, operations, and regulations of your business.
Seasoned business attorneys with Pacitti Law Firm have been through it all with thousands of other business owners just like you. Our first-hand experience and relevant insights can be valuable to your business as we help you mitigate risks, prepare for growth and prevent more serious issues like litigation—or give the needed strategy and counsel as disputes arise that require litigation.
In other words, we help you prepare and be more proactive in your business to save you time, money, and headaches. Covering all of your bases upfront, so to speak, is all part of creating a solid business foundation from which to work and grow.
Why Might I Need a Business Counsel Lawyer?
If you’re starting a business, it’s likely in your best interest to consult a business attorney.
Our business attorneys, as an example, can help you work through a number of issues specific to the stage your business is in. Many of these needs will change over time as your company naturally changes.
- Business formation and legal structuring of [your business entity] and identifying the best setup, from limited liability (LLC) to sole proprietorship to corporation
- Pulling the appropriate permits and licenses according to California state law
- Helping your business adhere to California business regulations and rules as our state, in particular, is unique
- Copyright and intellectual property protection
- Labor laws and employee relations
- Contracts and negotiating deals and agreements
- Litigation and managing/handling legal disputes as they arise
- Ensuring compliance and adherence to regulations in your specific industry
Hiring a business attorney should help give you relief and peace of mind that your investment is protected.
What Can I Expect in Working with a Business Counsel Lawyer?
A Los Angeles business counsel attorney’s role is to help Californian entrepreneurs and business owners through important steps and processes related to the operations and managing of their businesses.
To reiterate some of the ways you might expect a team like ours to help you in your business, it might look a little something like this:
- Getting you the best deal: facilitating and negotiating contracts with important companies such as production companies or recording studios, as well as partners such as franchises, sponsors, and public relations firms—to name a few examples.
- Protecting your assets: ensuring your intellectual property and creative rights are protected
- Structuring your business: choosing the right structure for your entity to avoid tax ramifications and fines, among other things, such as LLCs, sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, and more
- Avoiding lawsuits: proactively mitigating risk by putting the right contracts and pieces in place to prevent lawsuits and other legal battles
- Managing legal disputes: litigating legal disputes through to resolution, on your behalf, in Court
- Adhering to California laws and industry-specific regulations: ensuring your business is following and complying with important industry- and California-specific laws and regulations that would typically result in fines or permits being pulled
What Legal Issues Can Arise in my Business?
There are a number of issues, legal and otherwise, business owners face. For this reason, it’s best to be as prepared and proactive as possible.
Drawing from our legal business know-how, we can share some of the common legal issues entertainment businesses face that you could run into without the protection of a business attorney:
- Choosing the wrong business structure/entity
- Ramifications or fines as a result of California state laws and business regulations
- Idea or intellectual property theft
- Poor financial deals
- Employee and labor lawsuits
- Legal disputes that could harm your reputation and cost time and money
If you’re starting your business or managing it without legal foresight, it’s likely time to consider the benefits and advantages a business attorney like Pacitti Law can add to your business.
What Questions Should I Ask When Hiring a Business Attorney?
Finding the right business attorney starts with asking the right questions. There are really two parts here to consider—asking questions specific to the firm, followed by tailored questions regarding your business and how they plan on solving your problems.
Here are a few topic ideas to spark some thoughts and get you started.
Part one: Attorney-specific
- What size companies do you typically help?
- How long have some of your clients been with you?
- What area or areas of law do you specialize in—and why?
- What would your role in my business be?
- What is your win ratio in Court?
- What would your clients say you do best?
- How involved are you in your cases?
Part two: Business-specific
- What business structure should I choose and why? What are the pros and cons?
- Should I consider trademarking or protecting my business brand?
- What steps can I take to minimize any risks in my business?
- How can I protect my assets?
- How do I handle the hiring of employees, and how do I protect my company?
- What contracts do I need? Who should be required to sign a contract when working with my business?
Remember, any good legal business firm will be able to satisfy your questions with responses that are catered to you and your business. Let us help you today!
Book a Free Consultation with our Business Counsel Attorneys
Now you have a better idea of the role a business attorney can play in your business—from choosing the right business structure to negotiating settlements and deals on your behalf to protecting your intellectual property, among other important legal matters.
The next natural step is to take this information and find a reliable, knowledgeable, and experienced team of business attorneys that will deliver on their promises and execute on the demands of your business.
Pacitti Law Firm has helped thousands of clients in entertainment work through critical and legal business and litigation matters. Gain the needed clarity, get your questions answered and see how we can creatively solve your specific business needs.
Book a free consultation with Pacitti Law Firm today at 323-230-6200.